22 March 2015

Anyone for Tea





I've probably used that title already for this quilt, but hey ho....   I have a finish, that's the main thing.
Sew Euro-bee-an
Back in October 2013, it was my turn to choose a block in the Sew Euro-bee-an Bee.  With the permission of Sarah Fielke, I asked the girls to make me teacups for Sarah's All that and the Hatter quilt from her book, Hand Made with Love. I sent out one medium print fabric for the cup, one smaller print fabric for the saucer, and a couple of solids for the background.  The girls then mixed and matched with their own fabrics to make two teacups, and, because they were small, a striped filler piece too.

Here's my first two blocks

The blocks rolled in although unfortunately,  I didn't get blocks from all the group, and had to make up the numbers myself.  I also made the teapots that go with the pattern.



It took me ages to piece it,


and then  I decided that this quilt really needed hand quilting.  It's the first major hand quilting project I've tackling, and it really didn't take me as long as I thought it would.  I thoroughly enjoyed my winter nights sitting in front of the fire, quilting, although my wrists and thumbs aren't thanking me for it!


I took a few photos on Friday, during the eclipse, around the garden








Thanks to all the Sew Euro-bee-an ladies who contributed.  This quilt is going to make me feel so bright and cheerful every time I use it.

ChristinePippaElisabeth,flohsticheHelenNicoleCelineAnnabella and Linda

This is also my first finish for this quarter's FAL
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


7 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely quilt. The hand quilting a perfect touch, especially in all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super fun, happy quilt! Hand quilting was the only way to do it, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, hand quilting was an excellent choice. Lovely quilt! :) I just finished the quilt top from this bee last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a real beauty, especially with the hand quilting. I had wondered if you sent the fabrics out as it all coordinates so well. Shame you didn't get all your blocks back though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohoo! Love your quilt! 😍And I even spotted one of my blocks (forgot how the other one looked like...😂) Your handquilting really adds to the beauty 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful quilt. Congratulations. Are you going to Praque Patchwork meeting 10.-12. April?
    I´m not sure about it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a cheerful quilt -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete