09 January 2015

New Year's anticipation

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

I don't know about you, but I always start the year full of anticipation .. what will this year bring? Hopefully lots of good things for family & friends, good weather, great holidays, a good year in the garden, and of course lots of sewing!   Already we have a holiday booked (only a week away now), a 60th birthday re-union at Centre Parcs, a weekend sewing retreat in Switzerland, and hopefully lots of visits from family and friends.

I am anticipating a happy years sewing, as I am now retired (talking of which I've worked every day this week, putting in a 9 hour day on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, plus entertaining in the evening!), and before I go starting new thing, here are some of the old stuff I'd like to finish first

1, 2 and 3 Butterflies,butterflies and more s****ing butterflies

I am making two seat pads and a table runner for a friend.  Today I finished sewing all the blocks together for the seat pads, so they just need the border, quilting and binding.  The butterflies for the runner are made, but still flying free!
 
I hope to get these finished, or I may need a new friend!

4. Medallion quilt

I started to paper piece a star for the centre of a medallon quilt, but then other sewing became the priority, so it's been languishing at the bottom of the pile.  Hopefully  can make some progress, although a finish seems unlikely.


5 Time for tea

Way back in the mists of time, my friends in the Sew Euro-bee-an bee made me lots of Tea cups so that I could make "All that and the hatter" from Sarah Fielke's book


I am now so close to finishing.  I only have about 3 more cups to hand quilt, then the border, then the binding and I'm done.  This one will definitely be finished
6.  Mark's Socks
Not Marks and Spencer's socks, these are for a friend Mark.  They made progress over Christmas, but I've slowed down a bit as I quilt the cups.   I think he'd like them before next winter!

and finally

7.  Quilty stitches

I started this last summer, but find it hard to do in winter when the light isn't good enough for me to see the tiny holes and stitches, especially with the cream thread.   I am going to take this away with me as a holiday project.

That's the haul for me for Q1 2015.  The FAL has a new host this year, so thanks for Adrianne at On the WIndy Side for taking on such a hard job.



6 comments:

  1. er…just so you don't brink the wrong currency, the quilting retreat is actually in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne! I love all your projects! What a beautiful bunch of butterflies - gorgeus colours! And tea cups with a pot are fantastic! Now you only need tea cosy - come to see what I just made. Have a great year with lot of sewing fun! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you finish all of those projects I will send you a prize 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the list! Take it you're going to Peaks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects to be working on. Love the little quilty stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your finishes. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the teacup quilt finished. The quilty stitches are so lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete